Thursday, January 18, 2007

Buffs getting better


That is undeniable. What is also clearly evident is these freshman have the talent to play in the Big 12. What is scary to me about Ricardo leaving is that prior to him we had fringe B8/12 talent, and that is being generous. I hate to beat a kid down, but when Matt Daniels is your starting PG, you are in trouble. Ricardo took recruiting to a level far above anyone at Boulder, at least since I have been going to games starting in 1982. To me, talent is 75% of the game in basketball, coaching is WAY overrated by the ESPNs of the world. How many titles did Dean Smith win before he fielded a lineup of Michael Jordan, James Worthy and Sam Perkins? I know Ricardo has some limitations in the gameday coaching, but his kids always play hard and they have the talent to compete in the Big 12. I pray the next coach's teams have these traits at a minimum.

No comments: